We are pleased to offer Online Enrollment options for parents/guardians to use to enroll new students into the Nooksack Valley School District. Please note that there are currently three ways to enroll your student(s), depending on your family's situation.
- Is your family new to the district? Use option 1
- Does your family currently have an active student(s) in the District? Use option 2
- Are you a returning family whose student(s) have previously attended any school in the district? Use option 3
**If you are unsure about which of our three elementary schools your child would attend, please click on the link below to see a map of the building boundaries.
1. NEW FAMILIES IN THE DISTRICT
New students to the district may register/enroll online by following the link below:
**Click on the following Parent Tutorial for step by step instruction on completing the enrollment process**
2. CURRENT FAMILIES IN THE DISTRICT
Current families with active students enrolled in the district may register/enroll new students through Skyward Family Access by following these steps:
- Login to Skyward Family Access.
- Use the dropdown arrow next to the Home Icon on the Family Access screen to select the New Student Enrollment
- Click on the correct school year button to enter the Enrollment portal
- Click on the Start button
- Compete all steps, then review and submit
3. RETURNING FAMILIES TO THE DISTRICT
Upon receipt of the application, someone from your neighborhood school will review it and be in contact with you.
- Completed Application Packet
- Proof of Age & Legal Name documents
- Immunization Information
- Transcript and withdrawal grades for incoming High School Students
- Legal Documents as appropriate
REGISTRAR CONTACT INFORMATION
Have any questions? Please contact your school's registrar:
|School||Phone & Fax Numbers||Contact|
|Sumas Elementary (K-5)||
Phone: (360) 988-9423
Fax: (360) 988-0505
|Everson Elementary (K-5)||
Phone (360) 966-2030
Fax: (360) 966-0945
|Nooksack Elementary (K-5)||
Phone: (360) 966-3321
Fax: (360) 966-7512
|NV Middle School (grades 6-8)||
Phone: (360) 966-7561
Fax: (360) 966-7805
NV High School (grades 9-12)
NV Reengagement (BTC Impact)
Phone: (360) 988-2641
Fax: (360) 988-2064
In order for a non-resident student (living outside of Nooksack Valley’s boundaries) to attend one of Nooksack’s schools, a Choice Transfer Request must be submitted to the school district and accepted by school administration.
** The quickest way is to complete the request form online, located at https://eds.ospi.k12.wa.us/ChoiceTransferRequest
The other option would be to complete a Choice Transfer Form and turn it into your resident school district office for processing. Forms are available at Nooksack’s district office or available for download below:
Forms can be dropped off Monday-Friday from 7:30- 4:00 at our district office:
Nooksack Valley School District
3326 E. Badger Rd.
Everson, WA 98247
If you have any questions regarding non-resident transfers, please contact Karisa Zemler at the district office (360)988-4754
Non-resident acceptance into Nooksack Valley School District is for one academic year only. All non-resident student applications expire at the end of each academic year. Families must re-submit a transfer request form each year for continued enrollment in Nooksack Valley Schools.
Submission of the Choice Transfer Request does not guarantee admission into Nooksack Valley School District. You will be notified in writing once a decision has been made.
NOTE: Due to high enrollment counts, decisions regarding admission might not be made until end of August.
The following are procedures the Nooksack Valley School District will follow relative to SSB 3279, the "Home-Based Instruction Law":
1. By September 15 each year, parents must fill out the "Annual Declaration of Intent to provide Home-Based Instruction form.” The form is available at the District Office at Nooksack Valley Schools or electronically HERE.
2. Parents are qualified to teach their own child(ren) at home if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
a) Parent has earned 45 or more college credit courses.
b) Parent has completed a course in home-based instruction at a post secondary or vocational/technical school.
c) The child(ren)'s education program and progress is supervised by a Washington State certified teacher.
3. Parents are to give instruction and measure progress in the following subject areas:
a) Math g) Reading
b) Science h) Writing
c) Language Arts i) Spelling
d) Social Studies j) Occupational Education
e) History k) Appreciation of Art and Music
As a parent contemplating home-based instruction, you need to be aware that failure to comply with your duties as outlined above, may result in your being deemed in violation of RCW 28A.225, "Compulsory Attendance Law" and your child(ren) being classified as truant.
If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to consult with your building principal.