free meals for kids!
Meal bag pick up will now include a week's worth of child breakfasts and lunches. You can pick up all your child's meals for the week in one trip!
Meal pick will be available on Mondays at Sumas Elementary and NV Middle School from 11am-1pm and Wednesdays at NV Middle School from 4:30-6pm. Please only pick up one meal bag per child per week for a total of seven days worth of child meals a week.
Please contact NV Food Service Office at 360-988-4754 with any questions or to request alternative pick up time.
The USDA has extended the FREE meal service for ALL COMMUNITY children through June 2021.
Free Grab and Go meal bags will continued to be offered at the designated pick up times and locations.
IN SCHOOL MEAL SERVICE will be offered for FULL DAY on campus learning. No on campus meal services will be offered during half day learning. We encourage those half day hybrid students to utilize the free grab and go meal bags and eat meals before and after their half school day.
Elementary On Campus Menu:
A NEW MEAL APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED EVERY SCHOOL YEAR
Turning in a meal application form doesn't automatically approve a family for meal benefits. Once an application is processed, a Meal Status Notification letter will be sent by postal mail to the address on file. Until that official approval, families are responsibility for all meal charges. You can check the status of your application by calling the Food Service Department at 360-988-4754.
The USDA has extended the free meal service for the rest of the school year. PLEASE still complete and return your meal application for this school year to ensure you will be ready to continue receiving free or reduced meals at the start of next school year.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications
To print an application, click the link below:
MEAL APPLICATION- English INSTRUCTIONS-English
MEAL APPLICATION- Spanish INSTRUCTIONS-Spanish
Paper copies are available:
* In the ENTRANCE WAY at the NV DISTRICT OFFICE (There is also a drop box for completed applications)
* During MEAL BAG PICK UP TIMES. ( We will also accepted completed applications during meal bag pass out)
APPLY FOR MEAL BENEFITS ONLINE: You will need to create a profile to use the online system and have ready the student's ID number, birthdate, attendance school and grade.
CIVIL RIGHTS STATEMENT:
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
A new food assistance program is now available called Pandemic EBT (P-EBT): Emergency School Meals Program.
P-EBT provides families with funds to make up for the cost of meals while school was closed. These benefits will be on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card which is used like a debit card to buy groceries. P-EBT application are due by Septmenter 11, 2020.
This benefit is for:
· Washington children enrolled in grades k-12 who receive free or reduced-price school meals
· Every eligible child may receive up to a maximum of $399 of P-EBT.
· Immigration status does not matter for P-EBT – it is not Basic Food (food stamps) and will not count in a public charge test.
· Children can get free meals from school and community sites and get P-EBT at the same time – they are separate programs.
There are two ways to get P-EBT:
· Families already receiving Basic Food (food stamps): will have these funds automatically added to your existing EBT card between June 28th and July 7th
· Families with children approved for free or reduced-price school meals (but are not receiving basic food /food stamps) will need to complete a simple application before August 31st to receive P-EBT benefits.
The P-EBT application will be open by June 30. There are two ways to apply:
o Go to: www.WashingtonConnection.org or
o Call DSHS at 877-501-2233
If your family has lost income since schools closed, you may still apply for free or reduced-price school meals. To apply, visit NV Food Service webpage: https://www.nv.k12.wa.us/departments-programs/food-service
Stay Safe! Stay Well!
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Ahora hay disponible un nuevo programa de asistencia alimentaria llamado EBT pandémico (P-EBT): Programa de comidas escolares de emergencia.
P-EBT proporciona a las familias fondos para compensar el costo de las comidas mientras la escuela estaba cerrada. Estos beneficios estarán en una tarjeta de Transferencia Electrónica de Beneficios (EBT) que se utiliza como una tarjeta de débito para comprar comestibles.
Este beneficio es para:
• Niños de Washington matriculados en los grados K-12 que reciben comidas escolares gratuitas o de precio reducido.
• Cada niño elegible puede recibir hasta un máximo de $ 399 de P-EBT.
• El estado de inmigración no importa para P-EBT: no es Alimentos básicos (cupones de alimentos) y no contará en una prueba de carga pública.
• Los niños pueden recibir comidas gratis de los sitios escolares y comunitarios y obtener P-EBT al mismo tiempo, son programas separados.
Hay dos formas de obtener P-EBT:
• Familias que ya reciben Alimentos Básicos (cupones de alimentos): estos fondos se agregarán automáticamente a su tarjeta EBT existente entre el 28 de junio y el 7 de julio.
• Las familias con niños aprobados para comidas escolares gratuitas o de precio reducido (pero que no reciben cupones básicos de alimentos / alimentos) deberán completar una solicitud simple antes del 31 de agosto para recibir los beneficios de P-EBT.
La aplicación P-EBT estará abierta antes del 30 de junio. Hay dos formas de solicitarla:
o Vaya a: www.WashingtonConnection.org O
o Llame a DSHS al 877-501-2233
Si su familia ha perdido ingresos desde que cerraron las escuelas, aún puede solicitar comidas escolares gratuitas o de precio reducido. Para aplicar, visite la página web de NV servicio de comida:
¡Mantenerse a salvo! ¡Mantenerse bien!
Esta institución es un proveedor de igualdad de oportunidades.