2:15 PM - 3:15 PM Gr. 4 Girls Growth & Development
1:00 PM - 3:15 PM Gr. 5 HIV/AIDS Education
5:45 PM - 8:00 PM Ready for K
5:45 PM - 8:00 PM Ready for K
9:15 AM - 2:00 PM Field Trip to Tennant Lake (Gr. 2)
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM PTA Spring Carnival
8:30 AM - 12:45 PM Field Trip to Berthusen Park (Gr. K)
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM End of Year Assembly/Gr. 5 Moving On
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM School Board Meeting
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION & PRESCHOOL APPLICATIONS
All of the elementary schools in Nooksack Valley School District recently held kindergarten registration for children who are planning to attend kindergarten in the fall of 2016. In case you missed it and you are planning on sending your child to kindergarten, please register your child as soon as possible! Our schools are planning for next year’s classes and it is very helpful to know our kindergarten enrollment numbers.
Preschool applications for 2016-17 are also being accepted at the district office. Please contact Doreen at 988-4754 for more information regarding preschool.
DISTRICT DRESS CODE
1. Shoes are required to be worn at all times.
2. Shorts and skirts must be mid-thigh or longer in length.
3. Spaghetti strap tops are not permitted unless a shirt, blouse or vest is worn over them. Sleeveless tops are expected to cover under-garments at all times. Bare midriffs are not permitted.
4. Clothing and other items that promote gangs and gang related activities, drugs/alcohol and tobacco products, or has sexual connotations are not allowed.
5. Dress and/or appearance which constitutes a clear and present danger to student/staff health and/or safety or which causes interference with work or creates a classroom or school disruption, will not be permitted.
Clothing should be appropriate for the weather and for participation in playground and P.E. activities. (If your child wears flip-flops to school, please have an extra pair of shoes in their backpack. Flip-flops often break during school activities and hinder the child’s activity. Also, flip flops are not suitable for P.E.)
1. Deben de usar zapatos todo el tiempo.
2. Pantalones cortos y faldas deben de estar a mitad del muslo o más largo.
3. Blusas de correa de espagueti no deben ser usadas a lo menos usen una blusa sobre arriba. Blusas sin mangas también no son permitidas.
4. Ropa u otros artículos que promover gangas o activadas de gangas, drogas/bebidas alcohólicas, productos de tabaco, o que tengan connotaciones sexuales no son permitidas.
5. Vestuario o apariencia que constituye o presente peligro a los estudiantes/personal, salud o seguridad que cause o interfiera con el trabajo o que sea una distracción en el salón de los estudiantes, no son permitidas.
El vestuario debe ser apropiado para el clima y para la participación en el patio de recreo y P.E. (Si su hijo(a) usa sandalias para la escuela, por favor de traer otro par de zapatos en su mochila. A veces las sandalias se rompen durante actividades en la escuela. Sandalias no son adecuadas para usar en P.E.)
Nooksack Elementary won in the overall excellence category which is awarded to schools whose three-year average put them in the top five percent of schools across the state. Nooksack Elementary is one of the highest ranked elementary schools in Whatcom County.
The Nooksack Elementary staff recognizes the importance of community involvement as we work together in the best interests of our students. Please click on the headline above to see many of the groups who contribute to this goal. We greatly appreciate the generosity of our community partners!