7:00 PM School Board Meeting
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM High School Conference
Hello everyone and welcome back to the Nooksack Valley School District and the 2014-2015 school year. We are committed to being the best we can in service to our children, families, and community. As we commence with another 180 day journey with you, I want to remind everyone of a few things:
· Theory of Action: We believe that the key variable in student learning and success is the continuous improvement of what we call the “instructional core”. In other words, what happens in the classroom with students and teachers is critical.
· Five Questions: Our schools and teachers are committed to asking (and answering) five key questions, on a regular basis:
1. What do we want students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student is learning these standards and learning targets?
3. How will we utilize research based best instructional practices to ensure the greatest opportunities for student learning?
4. How will we respond when some students do not learn?
5. How will we enrich and extend learning for students who are already proficient?
· Standard of Care: Our “standard of care” is to create schools and classrooms that we would want for the children we hold most dear in our lives, for ALL CHILDREN.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve. Our moral responsibility and committment is to be the best we can be in this service. Thank you also for partnering with us to ensure success for all children.
With excitement for the year to come,
Have you ever considered working as a substitute employee? The role of a substitute teacher or staff member is highly valued by the District. Substitutes provide services which allow the District to continue a quality educational program when a staff member is absent. Substitutes work in both certificated (teaching) and classified (support) positions (i.e., office support, food service workers, custodians, bus drivers, etc.)
Both volunteer and substitute employment packets may be obtained at the District office. If you are interested in finding out more information about either of these opportunities, or if you would like to have materials mailed to you, please contact